Thursday, March 24, 2016

Find the poem for your dog among these 3 poems, and feel free to add yours:

Is the name hidden Max, Roxy, Treble, Frank, Scarlett, Ozzie, Cindy, Billy, Freckles, Bunny, Gibson, Duke, or Indy?
Please respond in the comment box and/or add your own poem (you could win treats for your dog!!!!).

1.
The elders of the pack,
the wise grizzled ones never ask
themselves the question:
"to be or not to be".
"Listen, they say instead, listen
to the wind and to the river! Look, they add,
look at the fields and the sky and the clouds!
Because you are all that surrounds you!"

2.
When I decide to rest, I look
for shelter under a clump of cedars
because, even in the darkness of dusk, 
my eyes will shine, two piercing lights
that could betray my presence until
I fall asleep and my shadow melts 
in the shadows of the night.

3.
Some have seen me galloping by,
and afterwards, they could not say if
I was a wolf, or a deer, or a ghost.
I run through the night
rebel without a cause,
my dusty coat shimmering in the moonlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment